This year, our groups are studying Another Gospel by Alisa Childers.
About the Book
In a Culture of Endless Questions, You Need Solid Answers.
Alisa Childers never thought she would question her Christian faith. She’d been raised in a Christian home, where she had seen her mom and dad feed the hungry, clothe the homeless, and love the outcast. She had dedicated her own life to leading worship as part of the Christian band ZOEgirl. All that was deeply challenged when she met a progressive pastor who called himself a hopeful agnostic. Another Gospel? describes the journey Alisa took over several years as she wrestled with questions that struck at the core of the Christian faith and found the truth. Alisa’s story may be your own—or that of someone you love. Or perhaps you have encountered the ideas of progressive Christianity in your everyday life and aren’t sure how to respond.
What is a Renew Group?
At New Creation, we embrace small groups as one of the primary means of continual discipleship. We are committed to regular, intentional community and fellowship with one another in this way. In Hagerstown, for the sake of parents, these groups are divided into women’s and men’s groups. Three things should happen at every Renew Group:
2) Topical study based out of the Scriptures
3) Mutual encouragement in prayer
It’s our desire that everyone leave encouraged in the Faith and personally lifted up in prayer.
Within Renew Groups, there is a host and a study leader for each study. Generally, these should not be the same person.
- Hagerstown Women’s group: meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month, 6:30, location varies. Contact Stephanie Sipes to join: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hagerstown Men’s group: meets the 3rd Tuesday of each month, 6:30 pm, Parish Hall. Contact Garrett Sipes to join: email@example.com
- NEW – Frederick co-ed group: meets TWICE monthly, once for Evening Prayer and book study on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month, respectively. Please note: this is an exploratory small group for church planting in Frederick. Contact David Breisch to join: firstname.lastname@example.org
* * *
Renew Group Leader & Participants Guide: